Thursday, August 21, 2008

Buster Bunny


I haven't done many pet portraits, but when I do I try to depict something unique about the pet. Sundae Bunny was done for my younger cousin Hannah, whose pet bunny was actually named Sundae, as in ice cream.

Now along comes another pet commission, and if it isn't of another bunny! This is for a friend of mine and his wife as a memorial to their bunny Buster, who unfortunately passed away recently. My friend, Jeff, supplied the perfect photos and background story about Buster's "girlfriend", a stuffed animal that he gave the bunny lovin' to on a fairly constant basis. Buster and his girlfriend would even allegedly lie together post-coital for a while afterwards. The sketch here is my first response to the idea, but I was already thinking that the hearts should be replaced by something more material and representative of love.

No comments: